Name badges serve a primary purpose: to increase interaction between two or more human beings. However, some businesses, professionals, and employees argue that name badges are no longer effective in our digital society.
However, many customer-facing industries can still benefit greatly and see a lot of value in using name badges. In fact, it might be difficult to imagine some key people without name badges. The real estate industry is one of them. Here's how realtors can use name badges for their profession.
How Realtors Can Use Name Badges Creatively
Name badges provide measurable benefits to real estate professionals. And in a customer-facing business like real estate, it’s important for commercial realtors, brokers, and property managers to look professional and for customers to know and identify them by name.
Here are six ways realtors can creatively use name badges:
- Events: Realtors often hold events, such as open houses, trade shows, and networking events. Name badges create an atmosphere of friendliness, accessibility, and professionalism. This makes them crucial for engaging attendees and potential customers. In fact, according to this article published by Forbes, it’s the little details—like name badges—that make the biggest impact at a large event.
- A Badge for Every Occasion: Creativity is a great way to stand out in real estate. Many real estate professionals will purposely design the style of a name badge to match the occasion or event.
- Hi, My Name is Nostalgia: For events like open houses, an easy way to use name badges are the traditional, “Hi, My Name Is...” style. These name badge styles are easily recognizable, and people feel more inclined to write their names in with a marker.
- Whimsical Wonder: Some real estate professionals wear name badges upside down on purpose in order to serve as a silly conversation starter. Sometimes the simplest ideas can yield incredible results.
- Create Team Unity: Larger real estate teams benefit from using the same type and style of name badges. You can identify team members you may not know and vice versa. This creates that “all-for-one” ethos that every broker values within his or her team.
- Always Prospecting: You never know when the next great listing might come your way. Wear your badge everywhere, including the grocery store and out of town. A friendly disposition along with the name badge invites conversation and just might help you find your next customer.
Attract New Business Like a Magnet
Creative realtors use more than these six ways to optimize the value in their name badges. Name badges are inexpensive but clearly increase the perception of professionalism, friendliness, and accessibility. Even wearing name badges in the general public or during events can be a great way to start conversations and drive awareness. As a professional realtor, property manager, or broker, you can’t afford not to have a name badge. Contact Name Badges International to learn more about how metal name badges with magnets is a great way to boost your professionalism today.